Thursday 11 April 2019

add/sub

Rina’s Maths learning Story
The Problem:  
Unveiling
Marino and Julie are in Rarotonga celebrating her Mum’s
unveiling.  235 people were invited to the celebration but then
68 people didn’t show up.  How many people came to the
unveiling?

What different ways can you solve this problem?

How we solved the problem:
First I drew my equation to find out
235-68=

Then I split the 68 into 35 and 33 because I wanted to take away the 35 from the 235 to get
200 so it's easier.
 235-35=200
200-33=167
235-68=167      
            
                         
  
   
I could prove this by using a number line.
          35 33




Finally, I proved those 235-68=167 people that came to Marino’s unveiling.
  


Working as a group is important:  Choose 2 to write about
I am good at….  because….
I am getting better at ….. because …..
It’s hard for me …… because …...
I need to work on because….


I'm good at explaining my ideas so my team understands.

It's hard for me to keep my group on track because when the teacher comes then they listen
to me. Some strategies I use is “hurry snap back to the work”.     

No comments:

Post a Comment