Monday 10 June 2019

Justice and Injustice



In Room 4, we’ve been thinking about things that are just and unjust.


We’ve been reading a book called ‘Dawn Raids’ by Pauline Smith.


We’ve been thinking about what is just or unjust in the story.


I think it was fair when uncle Joe was translating what the Grandma and
Grandpa were saying in Samoan to the police because they just came back from
Samoa so that means that they can’t speak English very well.


I think it was unfair when the police put uncle Joe into the police car when he was
stopping Alex to hit the policeman because if Alex hit the policeman then the
policeman would be hurt so that’s why it’s unfair.





We’ve also been learning about the treaty of Waitangi.  We’ve been finding out
about promises that were broken.


I think it was fair when the minister said it was time to help those Maori who had
lost land because of the Crown’s action.


It think it was unfair when the Maori chiefs signed the treaty then later on the
pakeha broke the treaty because they were still trying to get the land and killing
some of the Maori people.



I was able to make some connections between these things and my life.  


In my life, it’s fair when I, Mia and Tea get the same amount of money when we
go somewhere out of Porirua because if we didn't get some amount someone will
get angry about the amount someone might have the most or not.


In my life, it’s unfair when my sister gets stuff for her birthday and when it’s my
birthday I get a feed and I get no presents which sometimes makes me a little
jealous.


When that unfair thing happened, I mostly just eat the food that is on the table
because if someone is showing off with their stuff I can show off with my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment